- Steal goods; take as spoils; "During the earthquake people looted the stores that were deserted by their owners"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: AVERSE
- (a.) Turned away or backward.
- (a.) Having a repugnance or opposition of mind; disliking; disinclined; unwilling; reluctant.
- (v. t. & i.) To turn away.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- United States composer (born in France) whose music combines dissonance with complex rhythms and the use of electronic techniques (1883-1965)