- (n.) The channel of a river.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: AVULSE
- (v. t.) To pluck or pull off.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- The amount (of money or goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else; "he tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices"
- (music) the relative duration of a musical note
- Beliefs of a person or social group in which they have an emotional investment (either for or against something); "he has very conservatives values"
- Estimate the value of; "How would you rate his chances to become President?"; "Gold was rated highly among the Romans"
- Evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of; "I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"; "access all the factors when taking a risk"
- Regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement"; "We prize his creativity"
- Relative darkness or lightness of a color; "I establish the colors and principal values by organizing the painting into three values--dark, medium...and light"-Joe Hing Lowe