Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: AWAIT
- (n.) A waiting for; ambush; watch; watching; heed.
- (v. i.) To watch.
- (v. i.) To wait (on or upon).
- (v. i.) To wait; to stay in waiting.
- (v. t.) To watch for; to look out for.
- (v. t.) To wait on, serve, or attend.
- (v. t.) To wait for; to stay for; to expect. See Expect.
- (v. t.) To be in store for; to be ready or in waiting for; as, a glorious reward awaits the good.