Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: AWARDS
- Something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery; "the prize was a free trip to Europe"
- Give, especially as an honor or reward; "bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
- Give as judged due or on the basis of merit; "the referee awarded a free kick to the team"; "the jury awarded a million dollars to the plaintiff";"Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
- A grant made by a law court; "he criticized the awarding of compensation by the court"
- A tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"