Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: AWAY
- (adv.) From a place; hence.
- (adv.) Absent; gone; at a distance; as, the master is away from home.
- (adv.) Aside; off; in another direction.
- (adv.) From a state or condition of being; out of existence.
- (adv.) By ellipsis of the verb, equivalent to an imperative: Go or come away; begone; take away.
- (adv.) On; in continuance; without intermission or delay; as, sing away.