- A generalization that describes recurring facts or events in nature; "the laws of thermodynamics"
- The branch of philosophy concerned with the law and the principles that lead courts to make the decisions they do
- Legal document setting forth rules governing a particular kind of activity; "there is a law against kidnapping"
- The force of policemen and officers; "the law came looking for him"
- The first of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures comprising the first five books of the Hebrew Bible considered as a unit
- The collection of rules imposed by authority; "civilization presupposes respect for the law"; "the great problem for jurisprudence to allow freedom while enforcing order"
- The learned profession that is mastered by graduate study in a law school and that is responsible for the judicial system; "he studied law at Yale"
- A rule or body of rules of conduct inherent in human nature and essential to or binding upon
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: AWLS
- A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Sliced cabbage served as a salad, cooked or uncooked.
- Alt. of Slawen
- (imp.) Swelled.