- (a.) Cautious of danger; carefully watching and guarding against deception, artifices, and dangers; timorously or suspiciously prudent; circumspect; scrupulous; careful.
- (a.) Characterized by caution; guarded; careful.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: AWRY
- (adv. & a.) Turned or twisted toward one side; not in a straight or true direction, or position; out of the right course; distorted; obliquely; asquint; with oblique vision; as, to glance awry.
- (adv. & a.) Aside from the line of truth, or right reason; unreasonable or unreasonably; perverse or perversely.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To reveal; to disclose.
- (a.) Aware; wary.