- The quality of being a hindrance; "he pointed out all the drawbacks to my plan"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BACKWARDS
- (adv.) With the back in advance or foremost; as, to ride backward.
- (adv.) Toward the back; toward the rear; as, to throw the arms backward.
- (adv.) On the back, or with the back downward.
- (adv.) Toward, or in, past time or events; ago.
- (adv.) By way of reflection; reflexively.
- (adv.) From a better to a worse state, as from honor to shame, from religion to sin.
- (adv.) In a contrary or reverse manner, way, or direction; contrarily; as, to read backwards.