- (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man; Abel was killed by Cain
- Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BAEL
- Fruit of a thorny Indian tree
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (superl.) Fit; adapted; suitable.
- (superl.) Having sufficient power, strength, force, skill, means, or resources of any kind to accomplish the object; possessed of qualifications rendering competent for some end; competent; qualified; capable; as, an able workman, soldier, seaman, a man able to work; a mind able to reason; a person able to be generous; able to endure pain; able to play on a piano.
- (superl.) Specially: Having intellectual qualifications, or strong mental powers; showing ability or skill; talented; clever; powerful; as, the ablest man in the senate; an able speech.
- (superl.) Legally qualified; possessed of legal competence; as, able to inherit or devise property.
- (a.) To make able; to enable; to strengthen.
- (a.) To vouch for.
- (conj.) Alt. of Albee
- (n.) A bundle or package of goods in a cloth cover, and corded for storage or transportation; also, a bundle of straw / hay, etc., put up compactly for transportation.
- (v. t.) To make up in a bale.
- (v. t.) See Bail, v. t., to lade.
- (n.) Misery; calamity; misfortune; sorrow.
- (n.) Evil; an evil, pernicious influence; something causing great injury.
- (v. i.) To gather matter; to swell and come to a head, as a pimple.
- (a.) Dark blue or bluish gray; lead-colored.
- (n.) The part of a tree which lies immediately under the bark; the alburnum or sapwood.
- Island off Italy
- Napoleon's isle of exile