Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BAFFLE
- (n.) A defeat by artifice, shifts, and turns; discomfiture.
- (v. i.) To practice deceit.
- (v. i.) To struggle against in vain; as, a ship baffles with the winds.
- (v. t.) To cause to undergo a disgraceful punishment, as a recreant knight.
- (v. t.) To check by shifts and turns; to elude; to foil.
- (v. t.) To check by perplexing; to disconcert, frustrate, or defeat; to thwart.