Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BANDS
- A thin flat strip of flexible material that is worn around the body or one of the limbs (especially to decorate the body)
- An adornment consisting of a strip of a contrasting color or material
- A restraint put around something to hold it together
- A strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration)
- A thin flat strip or loop of flexible material that goes around or over something else, typically to hold it together or as a decoration
- A driving belt in machinery
- Jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels) worn on the finger; "she had rings on every finger"; "he noted that she wore a wedding band"
- A stripe or stripes of contrasting color; "chromosomes exhibit characteristic bands"; "the black and yellow banding of bees and wasps"
- Attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory