- (n.) A name given to the seed of certain leguminous herbs, chiefly of the genera Faba, Phaseolus, and Dolichos; also, to the herbs.
- (n.) The popular name of other vegetable seeds or fruits, more or less resembling true beans.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BANE
- (n.) That which destroys life, esp. poison of a deadly quality.
- (n.) Destruction; death.
- (n.) Any cause of ruin, or lasting injury; harm; woe.
- (n.) A disease in sheep, commonly termed the rot.
- (v. t.) To be the bane of; to ruin.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!