Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BANKS
- The funds held by a gambling house or the dealer in some gambling games; "he tried to break the bank at Monte Carlo"
- A supply or stock held in reserve for future use (especially in emergencies)
- Have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
- Cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning; "bank a fire"
- English botanist who accompanied Captain Cook on his first voyage to the Pacific Ocean (1743-1820)
- Enclose with a bank; "bank roads"
- A flight maneuver; aircraft tips laterally about its longitudinal axis (especially in turning); "the plane went into a steep bank"
- Tip laterally; "the pilot had to bank the aircraft"
- A building in which the business of banking transacted; "the bank is on the corner of Nassau and Witherspoon"
- Put into a bank account; "She deposits her paycheck every month"
- A co