Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BANTER
- (n.) The act of bantering; joking or jesting; humorous or good-humored raillery; pleasantry.
- (v. t.) To address playful good-natured ridicule to, -- the person addressed, or something pertaining to him, being the subject of the jesting; to rally; as, he bantered me about my credulity.
- (v. t.) To jest about; to ridicule in speaking of, as some trait, habit, characteristic, and the like.
- (v. t.) To delude or trick, -- esp. by way of jest.
- (v. t.) To challenge or defy to a match.