Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: BANTER
- (n.) The act of bantering; joking or jesting; humorous or good-humored raillery; pleasantry.
- (v. t.) To address playful good-natured ridicule to, -- the person addressed, or something pertaining to him, being the subject of the jesting; to rally; as, he bantered me about my credulity.
- (v. t.) To jest about; to ridicule in speaking of, as some trait, habit, characteristic, and the like.
- (v. t.) To delude or trick, -- esp. by way of jest.
- (v. t.) To challenge or defy to a match.