- (n.) A slender tactile organ on the lips of certain fished.
- (n.) A large fresh-water fish ( Barbus vulgaris) found in many European rivers. Its upper jaw is furnished with four barbels.
- (n.) Barbs or paps under the tongued of horses and cattle. See 1st Barb, 3.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BARBLE
- (n.) See Barbel.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) An iron bar, with the end bent, used in stirring or skimming molten iron in the process of puddling.
- (v. t.) To stir or skim with a rabble, as molten iron.
- (v. i.) To speak in a confused manner.
- (v. i.) A tumultuous crowd of vulgar, noisy people; a mob; a confused, disorderly throng.
- (v. i.) A confused, incoherent discourse; a medley of voices; a chatter.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a rabble; like, or suited to, a rabble; disorderly; vulgar.
- (v. t.) To insult, or assault, by a mob; to mob; as, to rabble a curate.
- (v. t.) To utter glibly and incoherently; to mouth without intelligence.
- (v. t.) To rumple; to crumple.