- A unit of dry measure used in Egypt
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions of: BARED
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bare
- (n.) A piece of defensive (or, sometimes, ornamental) armor for a horse's neck, breast, and flanks; a barb. [Often in the pl.]
- (pl.) Defensive armor formerly worn by a man at arms.
- (pl.) A thin slice of fat bacon used to cover any meat or game.
- (n.) The hair that grows on the chin, lips, and adjacent parts of the human face, chiefly of male adults.
- (n.) The long hairs about the face in animals, as in the goat.
- (n.) The cluster of small feathers at the base of the beak in some birds
- (n.) The appendages to the jaw in some Cetacea, and to the mouth or jaws of some fishes.
- (n.) The byssus of certain shellfish, as the muscle.
- (n.) The gills of some bivalves, as the oyster.
- (n.) In insects, the hairs of the labial palpi of moths and butterflies.
- (n.) Long or stiff hairs on a plant; the awn; as, the beard of grain.
- (n.) A barb or sharp point of an arrow or other instrument, projecting backward to prevent the head from being easily drawn out.
- (n.) That part of the under side of a horse's lower jaw which is above the chin, and bears the curb of a bridle.
- (n.) That part of a type which is between the shoulder of the shank and the face.
- (n.) An imposition; a trick.
- (v. t.) To take by the beard; to seize, pluck, or pull the beard of (a man), in anger or contempt.
- (v. t.) To oppose to the gills; to set at defiance.
- (v. t.) To deprive of the gills; -- used only of oysters and similar shellfish.
- (a.) To spread.
- (n.) An article of food made from flour or meal by moistening, kneading, and baking.
- (n.) Food; sustenance; support of life, in general.
- (v. t.) To cover with bread crumbs, preparatory to cooking; as, breaded cutlets.
- A city in the Netherlands.
- (v. t.) To cut off from entrance, as if by a bar or barrier; to preclude; to hinder from approach, entry, or enjoyment; to shut out or exclude; to deny or refuse; -- with from, and sometimes with of.