- (n.) The common perch. See 1st Bass.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: BARES
- Lay bare; "denude a forest"
- Make public; "She aired her opinions on welfare"
- Lay bare; "bare your breasts"; "bare your feelings"
- More base
- Take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person; "I'll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
- Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws
- Have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices; "She bears the title of Duchess"; "He held the governorship for almost a decade"
- An investor with a pessimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to fall and so sells now in order to buy later at a lower price
- Behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
- Have; "bear a resemblance"; "bear a signature"
- Contain or hold; have within; "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"
- Put up with
- Have on one's person; "He wore a red ribbon"; "bear a scar"
- Cause to be born; "My wife had twin
- A slope or hillside
- (n.) Alt. of Sabre
- (v. t.) Alt. of Sabre
- (n.) A sword with a broad and heavy blade, thick at the back, and usually more or less curved like a scimiter; a cavalry sword.
- (v. t.) To strike, cut, or kill with a saber; to cut down, as with a saber.
- (n. & v.) See Saber.