- A tube with a rubber bulb used to take up and release melted fat or gravy in order to moisten roasting meat
- A sewer who fastens a garment with long loose stitches
- A cook who bastes roasting meat with melted fat or gravy
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BAREST
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To sprinkle with, or as with, stars; to decorate with, or as with, stars; to bestud.
- (n.) The fore part of the body, between the neck and the belly; the chest; as, the breast of a man or of a horse.
- (n.) Either one of the protuberant glands, situated on the front of the chest or thorax in the female of man and of some other mammalia, in which milk is secreted for the nourishment of the young; a mamma; a teat.
- (n.) Anything resembling the human breast, or bosom; the front or forward part of anything; as, a chimney breast; a plow breast; the breast of a hill.
- (n.) The face of a coal working.
- (n.) The front of a furnace.
- (n.) The seat of consciousness; the repository of thought and self-consciousness, or of secrets; the seat of the affections and passions; the heart.
- (n.) The power of singing; a musical voice; -- so called, probably, from the connection of the voice with the lungs, which lie within the breast.
- (v. t.) To meet, with the breast; to struggle with or oppose manfully; as, to breast the storm or waves.
- (n.) A torus.