- (n.) An itinerant licensed dealer in commodities used for food; a hawker; a huckster; -- formerly applied especially to one who bought grain in one place and sold it in another.
- (n.) A carnivorous quadruped of the genus Meles or of an allied genus. It is a burrowing animal, with short, thick legs, and long claws on the fore feet. One species (M. vulgaris), called also brock, inhabits the north of Europe and Asia; another species (Taxidea Americana / Labradorica) inhabits the northern parts of North America. See Teledu.
- (n.) A brush made of badgers' hair, used by artists.
- (v. t.) To tease or annoy, as a badger when baited; to worry or irritate persistently.
- (v. t.) To beat down; to cheapen; to barter; to bargain.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BARGED
- Transport by barge on a body of water
- Push one's way; "she barged into the meeting room"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Dressed; habited; clad.