- (n.) One who obtains.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BARITONE
- (a.) Grave and deep, as a kind of male voice.
- (a.) Not marked with an accent on the last syllable, the grave accent being understood.
- (a. & n.) See Barytone.
- (n.) A male voice, the compass of which partakes of the common bass and the tenor, but which does not descend as low as the one, nor rise as high as the other.
- (n.) A person having a voice of such range.
- (n.) The viola di gamba, now entirely disused.
- (n.) A word which has no accent marked on the last syllable, the grave accent being understood.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To obtain again.
- (n.) A small, shallow drum; a tabor.