- (n.) The broken coat of the seed of wheat, rye, or other cereal grain, separated from the flour or meal by sifting or bolting; the coarse, chaffy part of ground grain.
- (n.) The European carrion crow.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BARN
- (n.) A covered building used chiefly for storing grain, hay, and other productions of a farm. In the United States a part of the barn is often used for stables.
- (n.) A child. [Obs.] See Bairn.
- (v. t.) To lay up in a barn.