- (v. i.) To traffic or trade, by exchanging one commodity for another, in distinction from a sale and purchase, in which money is paid for the commodities transferred; to truck.
- (v. t.) To trade or exchange in the way of barter; to exchange (frequently for an unworthy consideration); to traffic; to truck; -- sometimes followed by away; as, to barter away goods or honor.
- (n.) The act or practice of trafficking by exchange of commodities; an exchange of goods.
- (n.) The thing given in exchange.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BARRET
- (n.) A kind of cap formerly worn by soldiers; -- called also barret cap. Also, the flat cap worn by Roman Catholic ecclesiastics.