- Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BARS
- A block of solid substance (such as soap or wax); "a bar of chocolate"
- A narrow marking of a different color or texture from the background; "a green toad with small black stripes or bars"; "may the Stars and Stripes forever wave"
- Musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats; "the orchestra omitted the last twelve bars of the song"
- Prevent from entering; keep out; "He was barred from membership in the club"
- The body of individuals qualified to practice law in a particular jurisdiction; "he was admitted to the bar in New Jersey"
- Secure with, or as if with, bars; "He barred the door"
- A submerged (or partly submerged) ridge in a river or along a shore; "the boat ran aground on a submerged bar in the river"
- (meteorology) a unit of pressure equal to a million dynes per square centimeter; "unfortunately some writers have used bar for one dyne per square centimeter"
- Expel, as if by official d
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts