- Remove (water) from a vessel with a container
- Empty (a vessel) by bailing
- Secure the release of (someone) by providing security
- The legal system that allows an accused person to be temporarily released from custody (usually on condition that a sum of money guarantees their appearance at trial); "he is out on bail"
- Deliver something in trust to somebody for a special purpose and for a limited period
- (criminal law) money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial; "the judge set bail at $10,000"; "a $10,000 bond was furnished by an alderman"
- Release after a security has been paid
- Part of wicket in game of Cricket
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition for: BASIL
- (n.) The slope or angle to which the cutting edge of a tool, as a plane, is ground.
- (n.) The name given to several aromatic herbs of the Mint family, but chiefly to the common or sweet basil (Ocymum basilicum), and the bush basil, or lesser basil (O. minimum), the leaves of which are used in cookery. The name is also given to several kinds of mountain mint (Pycnanthemum).
- (n.) The skin of a sheep tanned with bark.
- (v. t.) To grind or form the edge of to an angle.