Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BASINS
- A bowl-shaped vessel; usually used for holding food or liquids; "she mixed the dough in a large basin"
- A bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face; "he ran some water in the basin and splashed it on his face"
- The entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; an area characterized by all runoff being conveyed to the same outlet; "flood control in the Missouri basin"
- A natural depression in the surface of the land often with a lake at the bottom of it; "the basin of the Great Salt Lake"
- The quantity that a basin will hold; "a basinful of water"
- Sheltered area for mooring