Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BASS
- (a.) A bass, or deep, sound or tone.
- (a.) The lowest part in a musical composition.
- (a.) One who sings, or the instrument which plays, bass.
- (a.) Deep or grave in tone.
- (n.) An edible, spiny-finned fish, esp. of the genera Roccus, Labrax, and related genera. There are many species.
- (n.) The two American fresh-water species of black bass (genus Micropterus). See Black bass.
- (n.) Species of Serranus, the sea bass and rock bass. See Sea bass.
- (n.) The southern, red, or channel bass (Sciaena ocellata). See Redfish.
- (n.) The linden or lime tree, sometimes wrongly called whitewood; also, its bark, which is used for making mats. See Bast.
- (n.) A hassock or thick mat.
- (pl.) of Bass
- (v. t.) To sound in a deep tone.