Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BASSET
- (a.) Inclined upward; as, the basset edge of strata.
- (n.) A game at cards, resembling the modern faro, said to have been invented at Venice.
- (n.) The edge of a geological stratum at the surface of the ground; the outcrop.
- (v. i.) To inclined upward so as to appear at the surface; to crop out; as, a vein of coal bassets.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A loose temporary sewing stitch to hold layers of fabric together
- Cover with liquid before cooking; "baste a roast"
- Sew together loosely, with large stitches; "baste a hem"
- Strike violently and repeatedly; "She clobbered the man who tried to attack her"
- A living organism characterized by voluntary movement
- A cruelly rapacious person