- A short staff carried by some officials to symbolize an office or an authority
- A short stout club used primarily by policemen
- A thin tapered rod used by a conductor to lead an orchestra or choir
- A hollow cylinder passed from runner to runner in a relay race
- A hollow metal rod that is wielded or twirled by a drum major or drum majorette
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BASTON
- (n.) A staff or cudgel.
- (n.) See Baton.
- (n.) An officer bearing a painted staff, who formerly was in attendance upon the king's court to take into custody persons committed by the court.