- (v. t.) To bathe; also, to dry or heat, as unseasoned wood.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition for: BATHE
- (n.) The immersion of the body in water; as to take one's usual bathe.
- (v. i.) To bathe one's self; to take a bath or baths.
- (v. i.) To immerse or cover one's self, as in a bath.
- (v. i.) To bask in the sun.
- (v. t.) To wash by immersion, as in a bath; to subject to a bath.
- (v. t.) To lave; to wet.
- (v. t.) To moisten or suffuse with a liquid.
- (v. t.) To apply water or some liquid medicament to; as, to bathe the eye with warm water or with sea water; to bathe one's forehead with camphor.
- (v. t.) To surround, or envelop, as water surrounds a person immersed.