- (n.) A kind of hawk.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BAWLER
- (n.) One who bawls.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A small, hard tumor which is produced on the back of a horse by the heat or pressure of the saddle in traveling.
- (n.) A small tumor produced by the larvae of the gadfly in the backs of horses, cattle, etc. Called also warblet, warbeetle, warnles.
- (n.) See Wormil.
- (v. t.) To sing in a trilling, quavering, or vibratory manner; to modulate with turns or variations; to trill; as, certain birds are remarkable for warbling their songs.
- (v. t.) To utter musically; to modulate; to carol.
- (v. t.) To cause to quaver or vibrate.
- (v. i.) To be quavered or modulated; to be uttered melodiously.
- (v. i.) To sing in a trilling manner, or with many turns and variations.
- (v. i.) To sing with sudden changes from chest to head tones; to yodel.
- (n.) A quavering modulation of the voice; a musical trill; a song.