- (n.) One who balances, or uses a balance.
- (n.) In Diptera, the rudimentary posterior wing.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Any cirriped crustacean adhering to rocks, floating timber, ships, etc., esp. (a) the sessile species (genus Balanus and allies), and (b) the stalked or goose barnacles (genus Lepas and allies). See Cirripedia, and Goose barnacle.
- (n.) A bernicle goose.
- (n.) An instrument for pinching a horse's nose, and thus restraining him.
- (sing.) Spectacles; -- so called from their resemblance to the barnacles used by farriers.