Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BEARER
- (n.) One who, or that which, bears, sustains, or carries.
- (n.) Specifically: One who assists in carrying a body to the grave; a pallbearer.
- (n.) A palanquin carrier; also, a house servant.
- (n.) A tree or plant yielding fruit; as, a good bearer.
- (n.) One who holds a check, note, draft, or other order for the payment of money; as, pay to bearer.
- (n.) A strip of reglet or other furniture to bear off the impression from a blank page; also, a type or type-high piece of metal interspersed in blank parts to support the plate when it is shaved.