- United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926)
- A young woman making her debut into society
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BEDS
- A stratum of ore or coal thick enough to be mined with profit; "he worked in the coal beds"
- A depression forming the ground under a body of water; "he searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
- (geology) a stratum of rock (especially sedimentary rock); "they found a bed of sandstone"
- Prepare for sleep; "I usually turn in at midnight"; "He goes to bed at the crack of dawn"
- Have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
- Put to bed; "The children were bedded at ten o'clock"
- Place (plants) in a prepared bed of soil
- Furnish with a bed; "The inn keeper could bed all the new arrivals"
- A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep; "he sat on the edge of the bed"; "the room had only a bed and chair"
- A plot of ground in which plants are growing; "the gardener planted a bed of roses"
- A foundation of earth o