- Round red root vegetable
- Biennial Eurasian plant usually having a swollen edible root; widely cultivated as a food crop
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Beset
- (v. t.) To set or stud (anything) with ornaments or prominent objects.
- (v. t.) To hem in; to waylay; to surround; to besiege; to blockade.
- (v. t.) To set upon on all sides; to perplex; to harass; -- said of dangers, obstacles, etc.
- (v. t.) To occupy; to employ; to use up.
- (n.) The springbok.