- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Be
- (p. pr.) Existing.
- (n.) Existence, as opposed to nonexistence; state or sphere of existence.
- (n.) That which exists in any form, whether it be material or spiritual, actual or ideal; living existence, as distinguished from a thing without life; as, a human being; spiritual beings.
- (n.) Lifetime; mortal existence.
- (n.) An abode; a cottage.
- (adv.) Since; inasmuch as.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BEGIN
- (n.) Beginning.
- (v. i.) To have or commence an independent or first existence; to take rise; to commence.
- (v. i.) To do the first act or the first part of an action; to enter upon or commence something new, as a new form or state of being, or course of action; to take the first step; to start.
- (v. t.) To enter on; to commence.
- (v. t.) To trace or lay the foundation of; to make or place a beginning of.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- An occasion for excessive eating or drinking; "they went on a bust that lasted three days"
- Any act of immoderate indulgence; "an orgy of shopping"; "an emotional binge"; "a splurge of spending"
- Overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself; "She stuffed herself at the dinner"; "The kids binged on ice cream"