Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BEHIND
- (a.) On the side opposite the front or nearest part; on the back side of; at the back of; on the other side of; as, behind a door; behind a hill.
- (a.) Left after the departure of, whether this be by removing to a distance or by death.
- (a.) Left a distance by, in progress of improvement Hence: Inferior to in dignity, rank, knowledge, or excellence, or in any achievement.
- (adv.) At the back part; in the rear.
- (adv.) Toward the back part or rear; backward; as, to look behind.
- (adv.) Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- (adv.) Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- (adv.) After the departure of another; as, to stay behind.
- (n.) The backside; the rump.