Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BELIEVES
- Accept as true; take to be true; "I believed his report"; "We didn't believe his stories from the War"; "She believes in spirits"
- Credit with veracity; "You cannot believe this man"; "Should we believe a publication like the National Enquirer?"
- Follow a credo; have a faith; be a believer; "When you hear his sermons, you will be able to believe, too"
- Judge or regard; look upon; judge; "I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- Be confident about something; "I believe that he will come back from the war"