Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BELLS
- Attach a bell to; "bell cows"
- A hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck
- The flared opening of a tubular device
- A percussion instrument consisting of a set of tuned bells that are struck with a hammer; used as an orchestral instrument
- A push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
- The sound of a bell being struck; "saved by the bell"; "she heard the distant toll of church bells"
- United States inventor (born in Scotland) of the telephone (1847-1922)
- English painter; sister of Virginia Woolf; prominent member of the Bloomsbury Group (1879-1961)
- A phonetician and father of Alexander Graham Bell (1819-1905)
- The shape of a bell
- (nautical) each of the eight half-hour units of nautical time signaled by strokes of a ship's bell; eight bells signals 4:00, 8:00, or 12:00 o'clock, either a.m. or p.m.