Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BERGAMOT
- (n.) A tree of the Orange family (Citrus bergamia), having a roundish or pear-shaped fruit, from the rind of which an essential oil of delicious odor is extracted, much prized as a perfume. Also, the fruit.
- (n.) A variety of mint (Mentha aquatica, var. glabrata).
- (n.) The essence or perfume made from the fruit.
- (n.) A variety of pear.
- (n.) A variety of snuff perfumed with bergamot.
- (n.) A coarse tapestry, manufactured from flock of cotton or hemp, mixed with ox's or goat's hair; -- said to have been invented at Bergamo, Italy. Encyc. Brit.