- (n.) One who bathes.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BERTHA
- (n.) A kind of collar or cape worn by ladies.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The air inhaled and exhaled in respiration; air which, in the process of respiration, has parted with oxygen and has received carbonic acid, aqueous vapor, warmth, etc.
- (n.) The act of breathing naturally or freely; the power or capacity to breathe freely; as, I am out of breath.
- (n.) The power of respiration, and hence, life.
- (n.) Time to breathe; respite; pause.
- (n.) A single respiration, or the time of making it; a single act; an instant.
- (n.) Fig.: That which gives or strengthens life.
- (n.) A single word; the slightest effort; a trifle.
- (n.) A very slight breeze; air in gentle motion.
- (n.) Fragrance; exhalation; odor; perfume.
- (n.) Gentle exercise, causing a quicker respiration.