- (a.) To make bright or brighter; to make to shine; to increase the luster of; to give a brighter hue to.
- (a.) To make illustrious, or more distinguished; to add luster or splendor to.
- (a.) To improve or relieve by dispelling gloom or removing that which obscures and darkens; to shed light upon; to make cheerful; as, to brighten one's prospects.
- (a.) To make acute or witty; to enliven.
- (v. i.) To grow bright, or more bright; to become less dark or gloomy; to clear up; to become bright or cheerful.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BERTHING
- (n.) The planking outside of a vessel, above the sheer strake.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Berth