- (n.) A small horse formerly allowed to each trooper or dragoon for carrying his baggage.
- (n.) A kind of bath tub for sitting baths; a sitz bath.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BETID
- (Obs) of Betide
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A debt; an entry on the debtor (Dr.) side of an account; -- mostly used adjectively; as, the debit side of an account.
- (v. t.) To charge with debt; -- the opposite of, and correlative to, credit; as, to debit a purchaser for the goods sold.
- (v. t.) To enter on the debtor (Dr.) side of an account; as, to debit the amount of goods sold.