- (n.) A note or character of time, equivalent to two semibreves or four minims. When dotted, it is equal to three semibreves. It was formerly of a square figure (as thus: / ), but is now made oval, with a line perpendicular to the staff on each of its sides; -- formerly much used for choir service.
- (n.) Any writ or precept under seal, issued out of any court.
- (n.) A curved mark [/] used commonly to indicate the short quantity of a vowel.
- (n.) The great ant thrush of Sumatra (Pitta gigas), which has a very short tail.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BEVER
- (n.) A light repast between meals; a lunch.
- (v. i.) To take a light repast between meals.