Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: BLAZON
- (n.) A shield.
- (n.) An heraldic shield; a coat of arms, or a bearing on a coat of arms; armorial bearings.
- (n.) The art or act of describing or depicting heraldic bearings in the proper language or manner.
- (n.) Ostentatious display, either by words or other means; publication; show; description; record.
- (v. i.) To shine; to be conspicuous.
- (v. t.) To depict in colors; to display; to exhibit conspicuously; to publish or make public far and wide.
- (v. t.) To deck; to embellish; to adorn.
- (v. t.) To describe in proper terms (the figures of heraldic devices); also, to delineate (armorial bearings); to emblazon.