- (a.) comp. of Able.
- (a.) superl. of Able.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: BLEAR
- (v.) Dim or sore with water or rheum; -- said of the eyes.
- (v.) Causing or caused by dimness of sight; dim.
- (v. t.) To make somewhat sore or watery, as the eyes; to dim, or blur, as the sight. Figuratively: To obscure (mental or moral perception); to blind; to hoodwink.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Agricultural machine for compressing grass ,straw or cotton. a machine used to compress waste EG paper
- (v. i.) To sound loudly and somewhat harshly.
- (v. t.) To cause to sound like the blare of a trumpet; to proclaim loudly.
- (n.) The harsh noise of a trumpet; a loud and somewhat harsh noise, like the blast of a trumpet; a roar or bellowing.