- Having necessary power skill or resources adjective of able most capable
- Most capable
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BLEATS
- The sound of sheep or goats (or any sound resembling this)
- Cry plaintively; "The lambs were bleating"
- Talk whiningly
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) Firmly established; not easily moved, shaken, or overthrown; fixed; as, a stable government.
- (v. i.) Steady in purpose; constant; firm in resolution; not easily diverted from a purpose; not fickle or wavering; as, a man of stable character.
- (v. i.) Durable; not subject to overthrow or change; firm; as, a stable foundation; a stable position.
- (v. t.) To fix; to establish.
- (v. i.) A house, shed, or building, for beasts to lodge and feed in; esp., a building or apartment with stalls, for horses; as, a horse stable; a cow stable.
- (v. t.) To put or keep in a stable.
- (v. i.) To dwell or lodge in a stable; to dwell in an inclosed place; to kennel.
- Arrange or enter in tabular form
- Hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- A piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- Food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
- A set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- A company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game; "he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks"
- Flat tableland with steep edges; "the tribe was relatively safe on the mesa but they had to descend into the valley for water"