- (n.) Alt. of Bedell
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: BLEED
- (v. i.) To emit blood; to lose blood; to run with blood, by whatever means; as, the arm bleeds; the wound bled freely; to bleed at the nose.
- (v. i.) To withdraw blood from the body; to let blood; as, Dr. A. bleeds in fevers.
- (v. i.) To lose or shed one's blood, as in case of a violent death or severe wounds; to die by violence.
- (v. i.) To issue forth, or drop, as blood from an incision.
- (v. i.) To lose sap, gum, or juice; as, a tree or a vine bleeds when tapped or wounded.
- (v. i.) To pay or lose money; to have money drawn or extorted; as, to bleed freely for a cause.
- (v. t.) To let blood from; to take or draw blood from, as by opening a vein.
- (v. t.) To lose, as blood; to emit or let drop, as sap.
- (v. t.) To draw money from (one); to induce to pay; as, they bled him freely for this fund.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Same as Beild.
- (v. t.) To conquer.