Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BLOCKS
- Be unable to remember; "I'm drawing a blank"; "You are blocking the name of your first wife!"
- (computer science) a sector or group of sectors that function as the smallest data unit permitted; "since blocks are often defined as a single sector, the terms `block' and `sector' are sometimes used interchangeably"
- Interfere with or prevent the reception of signals; "Jam the Voice of America"; "block the signals emitted by this station"
- A three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides
- Impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball); "block an attack"
- Support, secure, or raise with a block; "block a plate for printing"; "block the wheels of a car"
- Block passage through; "obstruct the path"
- The act of obstructing or deflecting someone's movements
- Obstruct; "My nose is all stuffed"; "Her arteries are blocked"
- A platform from which an auctioneer sells; "they put their paintings on the