- (n.) One who plays at bowls, or who rolls the ball in cricket or any other game.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BLOWER
- (n.) One who, or that which, blows.
- (n.) A device for producing a current of air; as: (a) A metal plate temporarily placed before the upper part of a grate or open fire. (b) A machine for producing an artificial blast or current of air by pressure, as for increasing the draft of a furnace, ventilating a building or shaft, cleansing gram, etc.
- (n.) A blowing out or excessive discharge of gas from a hole or fissure in a mine.
- (n.) The whale; -- so called by seamen, from the circumstance of its spouting up a column of water.
- (n.) A small fish of the Atlantic coast (Tetrodon turgidus); the puffer.
- (n.) A braggart, or loud talker.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Wormil.