- (n.) A purse or bag in which to carry or measure diamonds, etc.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: BLUES
- Any of numerous small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
- The sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate; used as a sedative and a hypnotic
- Blue clothing; "she was wearing blue"
- Blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime; "he had eyes of bright blue"
- Turn blue
- Any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are blue; "the Union army was a vast blue"
- A type of folksong that originated among Black Americans at the beginning of the 20th century; has a melancholy sound from repeated use of blue notes
- The sky as viewed during daylight; "he shot an arrow into the blue"
- A state of depression; "he had a bad case of the blues"
- Used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Apply a lubricant to; "lubricate my car"
- A substance capable of reducing friction by making surfaces smooth or slippery